Prepping for Fall 2020
The McPherson College community is preparing to welcome students back for the Fall 2020 semester. Night classes begin Monday, August 17, with day classes meeting for the first time on Tuesday, August 18.
Here’s What Will be Different
The coming semester promises to be unlike any other in our 133-year history. Among other things, the coronavirus pandemic means
- We will social distance and wear masks to protect the health of the entire community and to assure our best chance of a successful semester.
- Students may not attend some classes every day due to the reduced classroom capacities. In those classes, students might attend class virtually or participate in additional online learning activities. In other classes, students will be in the classroom receiving in-person instruction every scheduled class meeting. A very few courses will be offered online-only to protect the health of vulnerable faculty members.
- Fall sports will start later than normal and will play a reduced schedule.
- More services—such as tutoring, Writing Center, research assistance, and career counseling—will be provided virtually. Some student organizations may hold virtual rather than in-person meetings.
Here’s What Won’t Change
- You'll still be joining a caring, supportive community that exists for the sole purpose of helping you grow socially, intellectually, physically, and spiritually.
- You won't be a number. Faculty and staff will know you by name in no time.
- You'll still get the individualized attention you deserve to meet all your academic and career goals. In fact, with some classes meeting in smaller groups, students may get even more personal attention in class.
- Your faculty and coaches will still be providing the same quality of instruction that has made McPherson College one of the two most highly regarded liberal arts colleges in Kansas (2019 and 2020 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges edition).
- Every day will still be a great day to be a Bulldog!
Learn More about the Upcoming Semester
There's a lot more information about how to prepare for the coming semester on our website. Check out the following pages for answers to your most frequently asked questions and for links to more information about the steps McPherson College is taking and the steps you can take to ensure a safe, healthy start to Fall 2020.
McPherson College COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Incoming Student Information
Arriving on Campus Procedures
COVID-19 Campus Health and Safety Plan 7-28-2020